REPUBLIC OF GHANA
MINISTRY OF ROADS AND HIGHWAYS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRM SELECTIONS)
NAME OF PROJECT: TRANSPORT SECTOR IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (TSIP)
Credit No.: IDA-60810
Project ID No: P151026
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for the review of the Draft National Tolling Policy
Reference No. for Assignment: GH-MRH-209757-CS-CQS
This Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which appeared in the UN Development Business website dated 3rd October, 2016 with DB Reference No. WB4480-10/16.
The Government of the Republic of Ghana received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Transport Sector Improvement Project (TSIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the payment of this consulting services.
The Consulting services will be expected to review amongst others the draft National Tolling Policy for finalization by:
- identifying any gaps in the tolling mechanisms for both national roads and PPP toll roads;
- taking into account international best practices and experiences applicable to the Ghanaian context, special attention must be given to experiences abroad but applicable in Ghana on the tolling structure mechanisms for PPP toll roads, and
- identifying the need, if any, for legal and regulatory framework changes to current legislations to ensure the smooth implementation of the Policy.
- Eligibility Requirement for the Assignment
The Ministry of Roads and Highways (MRH) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consulting firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The primary shortlisting criteria are:
- Firm’s years of experience (Minimum of five (5) years)
- experience in policy formulation and drafting of legislation in Ghana and/or other African countries;
- experience of firm in PPP Policy formulation and implementation;
- Experience in World Bank and/or other Donor funded projects.
- Firm’s experience in at least two (2) assignments similar in nature and complexity to the assignment under consideration within the last 10 year
The attention of interested Consultants are drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Submission of Expression of Interest (REOI)
Interested firms must organize their Expression of Interest in the following order:
- Company Profile,
- Legal Status (Certificate of Incorporation),
- Letter of intent of Association, if necessary,
- Organizational chart, a list of Board of Directors, and beneficial ownership.
- Firm’s experience in at least two (2) assignments similar in nature and complexity to the assignment under consideration within the last 10 year;
- A summary of similar assignments undertaken as a lead partner,
- A summary of assignments undertaken in the project country (Ghana) and in other African countries, giving the client name and the year in which, the assignment was carried out.
- Experience in World Bank and/or other Donor funded projects
The document must properly be paged, and a table of contents provided.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’ Qualifications Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines referred to above.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information from the address below from 0900 to 1700 hours GMT on weekdays excluding holidays.
Expressions of Interest for the assignment (Original plus five (5) hard copies and a pdf-electronic copy on a flash drive) must be delivered to the address (in person or by a courier service) below by Thursday, 18th March 2021 at 14:00GMT.
THE CHIEF DIRECTOR
MINISTRY OF ROADS AND HIGHWAYS (DIGITAL ADDRESS: GA-107-2101)
ADJACENT PENSION HOUSE, PENSION DRIVE
4TH FLOOR, ROOM 407
P.O BOX M.57, ACCRA, GHANA.
TEL: +233 (0)302 661575
FAX: +233 (0)302 688759
For any enquires contact the email address below: